Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
wolf_garcia,

Rush to eBay and get a few more Discmen before geoffkait tweaks them all.
*G* glupson, as you've inferred...there is that point where the vehicle IS the 'music'.  And at that point, one shouldn't be listening to audio 'distractions' (as fine as they may be, and as enthralling as it can be).

Twits with cellphones in one hand on the road are the most common and the most annoying to yours truly.  Music for the most part keeps us sane on the commute or the 'round town runs'.  However...

If you're stroking the gearlever or pushin' paddles, clipping the apexes, heel 'n toe dancing, and making the tac bounce:

Please Pay Attention To What Thou Is Doing.
Most of the souls about you *sigh* aren't.....
Best to cut some slack rather than cut offs.

'High end' audio in a vehicle seems a bit overboard IMO, unless one does a Lot of long distance runs in a 'Benz or Beemer; then, at least it may be 'quiet enough' for the nuances.  If that sort of detail desired, you ought to own a Tesla and let the robot drive.  Even then, the AI is still like a youngster that needs 'supervision'; 'They' still seems to get confused by the less rational Humans about 'Them'. *G* ;)

Ultimately, at least for this pedal pusher:  If I wish to get lost in the music, I'd rather do so at home.  It's very unlikely that I'll have to do a 'brake test' with a oncoming left turn, ill-timed....

...an enthusiastic Sunny D. Dog, bumping my drink, is another thing...*L*..
but doesn't included rapid decelerations with crumpled metal, air bags, seat belt bruises, 'n all that...

The old MG ads had it Right:  "Safety Fast."

And, as I remind spouse (and Everyone getting behind the wheel):
"Drive like there's people like ME out there." ;)

Current bumper sticker:
MY OTHER CAR IS THIS CAR
BUT IN ANOTHER DIMENSION

It's up to you to determine where we 'are'....;)
Holographic universes, 'n all that.....*snicker*
....Oh, and stop picking on geoffkait....(Hi, g...*s*)

After all, it all comes down to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9F5xcpjDMU

Hamsterdam was the 'cleansed' version for the Kia Soul ads.
I'd LOVE to have a Hamster suit...a old bud from LA's father used to wear a mask on the Side of his head, facing left, while driving LA freeways during commutes....

I like that sort of thing....

asvjerry,

I agree with you on almost all views about driving. As a note, unless something changed in last two years or so, Tesla's USB ports seem to be only for charging and not for music transfer from the phone. People with iPhones and such can/could do Bluetooth. I also tried jump drives with multiple file formats and could not get anything. Maybe there is a way, but a Tesla salesman did not know it.

I am not picking on geoffkait, just mentioning him. Given the number of unprovoked insults to me and my family members, including calls for my death, he has thrown my way before I knew the way he operates, I kind of do not feel guilty.
Post removed