Herron VTPH-2 added to system (almost)

In the past couple of days, I have acquired a Herron VTPH-2 phono pre, actually, my son picked it up for from the seller, a really nice guy from Tacoma. Brook, my son will bring it up to me on Saturday. I'm pretty excited about it.

I don't drive much any more these days, (I'll be 76 in 11 more days), but I'm anxious to see if it does for my analog front end what the Herron Line Stage did for my entire system.

My son says it looks as though it is still brand new, I'm hoping it's going to be an eye and ear opener.

Regards,

Dan

Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan

You're lucky to find one now that Keith stopped making them. It will match up great with your preamp and I have a feeling you're going to love it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.  I have the latest Herron pre amp and mono block amps in my system.  I have been using Keith's electronics for many years.  They never break and sound wonderful.  I won't change them unless I go to an integrated solution down the road.

For those who mentioned it, when you say unloaded do you mean not using any loading plugs or using the 47k ohm loading plugs?

I have a VTPH-2A as well and use it primarily for LOMC as it's very quiet. However, I am at a crossroads where I have decide which 2A I want to keep, this unit or my John Curl designed Vendetta Research SCP-2A.