Herron preamp with Redgum RG175ENR monoblocks

Hi guys and girls,
I am a newbie to these forums and hail from Sydney, Australia.
I have a Herron VTSB 3A tube preamp running into a pair of Rogue Audio M-150 monoblock tube poweramps. A really great combination that has power and poise. My powerbill has skyrocketed in the past months so I am looking at alternatives to the Rogue tube mono blocks.
I have Redgum RGi60 integrated amp and really love its engaging, 'live' sound. Not a patch on my Herron/Rogue setup though.
What has interested me is the use of one of the Redgum poweramps such as the RG175ENR with a tube preamp such as my Herron. I am sure the Redgum passive preamp would be the ideal match but would be keen to hear others' thoughts. Thankyou in advance.
vmhf

Showing 1 response by mechans

Tube power amps really make the difference. I firmly believe this despite other's wishful thinking that a tube pre is all that is needed to get the tube magic. I spent years chasing that approach until a friend finally said you must use tube power amps ...and in that one change.... magic. Sorry about the power bill, but its a sacrifice you have to decide to make. BTW I own a Redgum phono stage but doubt many here know of the company.