Heresy's with SE?

I own a pair of '79 Heresy's, and have been using a ss amp/tube pre with them. while they sound great, i decidded to take advantage of their 96db efficiency and try out a low powered tube amp, namely the brand new Decware Taboo single pentode amp. I went with it instead of a 2 watt SET because supposedley Heresy's might have a little more of a struggle with something that low. Also Decware offers a 30 day return policy, so no risk for me. But in getting opinions over at the Klipsch forum, a few folks have said that this probably won't be a good match. One in particular said SET is best served by speakers that have smooth impedance curves, and Klipsch doesn't fall into that unless moved to a constant impedanc network.

Admittedley, this is a bit over my head, but I was hoping to get feedback from some of the folks here.

Of course, the final word will be my ears, but I'd be interested in what experiences others have had.

Thanks.
sberger

Showing 1 response by c123666

Any SET amp used with klipsch lascala/cornerhorns/belleklipsches better be damned good; the slightest bit of noise/hum will be ruthlessly amplified by the klipsch speakers. Often a quality push/pull amp makes a better choice as the hum issues don't exist as they do with SET amps