Heresy II upgrades?

I just bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's for a temporary system while I am working out of town. I am going to match them with a Cary SLI-80 F1 Signature integrated amp, and some classic turntable and maybe the Eastern Electric(or my fav the MHDT Havana)DAC.

Anyway, when I build a new house in this new city, the Cary interated system will be a secondary system that I will match with Klipschorns in a family/great room.

Sorry so long winded. Now to the question:

Is upgrading the Heresy's to either the Klipsch Heresy III's (approx $550 for the kit from Klipsch), or Crites specs (Approx $400, but sounds like a better upgrade) worth the money? They sound good now, and I plan on selling them in about 7 or 8 months. But I love to tweak stuff. Is it worth it for either of these upgrades?

Remember, someone on here will get the benefit of the upgrades when I sell them later this year, at a discount from my total cost, so let me know.
macdadtexas

Showing 1 response by br3098

Macdadtexas,

Have you listened to the Heresy II? Rebuild or replace the crossovers, but IMHO I don't think that the upgrade to III's will buy you all that much.

Now, if you are talking about rebuilding your IIs into CS-1s - that's a whole different kettle of fish. The CS-1 rebuild will result in a very different sound. I would say better*, but certainly different. But it will most likely affect the resale value.

*Disclosure - I own a set of CS-1s (former Heresys)