Here we go again ... driving B&W N802s

I'm a music hound, but no audiophile. That said, I have read a lot here, and learned much from the forum threads. Thank you.

Starting a new system, based on Nautilus 802s. Next step is power, and it's time to consider specific models. It seems that, in no order, Krell and Plinius are most preferred, followed by Bryston, Jeff Rowland, and Pass/Threshold. I've learned bi-amping is best but not necessary, and if not bi-amping, then bi-wiring. And that at least 200 watts per speaker is required, and at least 300 preferred. Despite my many hours of reading, I must say I'm overwhelmed with the choices, but enjoying the process nonetheless.

So now I humbly subject myself to the collective Audiogon wisdom ... what used amp(s) and pre-amp do you recommend for a total buy of up to ROUGHLY $4,000?

Other details ... 300 sf room, plan to own equipment a long time, listen to symphonic, blues, jazz, and rock. And it would be nice to have phono input.
maxtiel

Showing 2 responses by audiobugged

A pair of Bryston 7b-st's at 500 wpc, & a Bp-20/25 pre would open up the N802's & make them sing within your budget.
There is this great synergy with the Brit. Bowers-n-Wilkins, & Canadian manufacturers such as Bryston, Classe, & Sim Audio. From my experience with the N802's you will need a steady diet of high power solid state juice to get the them to a foot taping, finger snaping state. Good Luck