Here comes the PS Audio's streamer -- anyone excited?

Many here are much more well versed in good streamers than me. Interested in reactions to this new entry.

128x128hilde45

Not excited, but I do appreciate PS Audio efforts and their business practices. I am fond of PS Audio, particularly their power regenerators and DACs. After I messed up a modificaiton on my DAC, PS Audio’s customer service was outstanding with their communication, time to repair, and price of repair. With PS Audio’s I2s not being univerally accepted as other manufactures have different standards, the I2S may not play well with others.

I for one am very interested, as are many others who are in the PS Audio digital ecosystem.

Many owners of the PS Directstream DAC long ago became disenchanted with the internal Bridge II card and migrated to the Matrix X SPDIF 2 DDC to convert and re-clock USB from a computer or Nucleus to I2S over HDMI, even at the cost of losing the second MQA unfold.

In my case, I am have been using the Nucleus+ via USB into the Matrix, but many folks have found that an Ethernet connection from the Nucleus (or computer) into a dedicated Ethernet (or wifi) Roon endpoint is sonically by far the better way to go.

So no, this product is clearly not for everyone--and far from it--but if you are happily in the PS Audio digital ecosystem, right now you can't wait for the AirLens (to say nothing of the Directstream Mk. II) and have been saving your pennies so as to pounce as soon as  they begin shipping.

And, for the PS Audio-curious, there will be a sh*t ton of pre-owned Drectstream DACs and Matrix DDCs hitting the Audiogon listings later this year at very attractive prices...

Does it have any features such as Chromecast, AirPlay, or Bluetooth?  How does it handle Internet Radio and Podcasts?  And what App is controlling it?  

All of the above are imo important for streamers.  I got rid of a Bryston streamer which sounded excellent but had controlling software that made usage a miserable experience.  The Cambridge Audio that replaced it has a much better app, and I frequently Chromecast to it from Qobuz or files from my phone.  It also has a decent DAC that I bypass but it cost 1/3 the Bryston