Hendrix 50th Anniversary Electric Ladyland Box Release

Looking forward to release tomorrow. In my humble opinion one of the greatest albums ever. Imagine hearing this album when it was released, Compositionally and technically from another time and place, truly ground breaking. Thanks Jimi!!!!!!!
toneranger58
Not to mention the Houses of the Holy album cover. What’s up with that? 
“Country Life” by Roxy Music also had a controversial cover way back when.

Today it’s just a ho hum pic. 
More about the cover. According to the liner notes in this new 50th anniversary release, Hendrix wanted the cover to be a photo taken in Central Park with him and children around a sculpture, taken by Linda Eastman (soon McCartney). Reprise ignored his request and went with the red and yellow photo of Jimi. And as mentioned already, in Britain, they came up with the naked women cover photo that was very controversial with retailers and Jimi disliked. The cover on this anniversary release uses the photo Jimi wanted 50 years ago!

BTW, I've only listened to the Stereo DVD-Audio version so far, but it sure sounds better then I remember ever hearing it before.
Thanks! for sharing information on the CD version(s) of this new release.
Excellent history on the various album cover options as well.

Happy Listening!
Big Hendrix fan here. Have just about everything he put out, which the bulk of it was released after his death.

The 5.1 Blu ray is better then any other version of EL I have ever heard. Well worth the 42 bucks. You get 3 CD's, the Blu ray and the book.