Help with upgrade bug...

First time posting.   I've had this fairly satisfying system for some time now and am looking at upgrading to a higher end set of speakers.  Looking for a wider, deeper stage and possibly more involving presentation.  Listen to a lot of female vocals and acoustic music -- using XRCD and SACD, primarily.   

Oppo BDP 105
Benchmark DAC3 HGC (headphone or occasional Ipod/Mac duties)
Plinius 9200 integrated
Totem Acoustic Forest
Kimber Hero/8TC and Shunyata power cords
Monster HTS3600

Room is about 15x11 feet.   8 ft ceiling.   Current speakers are along the shorter wall, about 2 feet out, 6 feet apart.   

Budget probably around $5k, give or take (used or new).   I've been somewhat partial to standmounts but would not be totally opposed to another set of floor standers.   The low end extension of my Forests are for the most part, enough for my ears with the music I listen to.   If I do get standmounts, I wouldn't be totally opposed to adding a sub later on (although integrating them would be a different discussion altogether).  

I've looked considerably at the Dynaudio Confidence C1 (Platinum), Contour 20 or Special 40 (given I've heard good things about Plinius and Dynaudio synergy).   I've also considered the Joseph Audio Pulsars.   Unfortunately, demo possibilities are limited.  

Thanks! 

128x128benj273
b_limo1,417 posts05-29-2020 3:52pmDitch the monster, upgrade your outlets ($50 a piece), get a better power strip (maybe ps audio dectect) buy some room treatments from gik then decide.  You can do all this for $2,000.  If you still want to upgrade yoUr speakers, go from there!

Yes, looking at power conditioning and some budget tweaks sound pretty good too.   I've actually never looked at room treatments. Will have to do some more reading on this... 
First try moving the speaker placement.  I would try pulling them out 5 feet into the room just to see how that changes the sound.  I am not one for power conditioning so I would take that out all together.  The Benchmark is below average DAC, and the Plinius is average.  Then play around with different speaker cables to see if you can hear a difference.  I would not pay $2000 for room treatment.  That's my opinion.

Non-believers will disagree. But your power and power management is the foundation of your sound system which sits on top of it, so to speak. So I completely agree, get Cardas or Shunyata wall outlets. Get a PS Audio Power Regenerator. Your Shunyata power cords should be ok as long as they are high current Venoms or above. As a bonus, you can look at Greenwave EMI filters. 
As a former Plinius 9200 owner, please ensure the Plinius is plugged directly into a wall outlet with at least a 12 gauge power cable. The 9200 I had responded greatly after doing so. Mine for years was on a 14 gauge cable and surge protection unit. Sonically, a big mistake.