Help with TT ideas for my first TT

Hi All,

I have been reading alot of reviews and searching around for my first TT.  ALot of recent recordings that i want are basically only coming out on vinyl or super crappy mp3.  I have an Aaron integrated amp, with some custom built SB Acoustic Monitors (Bromo).

I am looking at the marketplace in the 1 - 1.5k range and see I can find alot of different solutions and wanted to get peoples thoughts:

Marantz tt-15 - Seems like  bargain at 1500, but difficult to setup
Clearaudio Concept - good reviews, bumps against the magnetic arm (Cement floor at my place)
Music Hall MMF 7.3 - Seems like a great solution
VPI Cliff Wood
Pro-ject X1 or X2 - Have read some reports of motor noise
Rega Planar 2 or 3 - Seems to be they are what they are

With such a crowded field how do people choose?  I live in Central Mass, and dont have alot of options in terms of auditions so would love to get peoples thoughts. 
kro77
I just bought and returned a Rega Planar 3 because it had a very very loud hum as the cartridge moved close to the spindle. If you search for that issue, seems not uncommon. I’m going to try a Pro-Ject X2 now. But do look at the Rega hum issue. Seems some don’t have a problem, but I was already at budget and didn’t want to experiment with different cartridges and such. I just wanted a $1K turntable I could enjoy. Planar 3 wasn’t it. 
Pro-Ject The Classic SB as offered with a Sumiko Blue Point Special HO moving-coil is awfully attractive for $1200. I don't care for Rega tables or carts, but I do like their tonearms. Clearaudios beautiful, but beyond that they always seem pretty average. I have no experience with Mofi. My personal favorites are VPI, but 'real' VPI's are $3k for starters with cart. I strongly disagree with those who diss the VPI tonearms. Unipvots are like panel dipole speakers, they are capable of much when properly set up, but are not for everyone. 
+1 for MoFi and Rega Planer 3
I have owned a Planer 3 and was stunned with how much better it was over digital. And the MoFi has been very well received. They pulled out all the stops, considering price point, to create a modestly priced TT. I would get the best Ortophon cartridge you can afford.
Thanks for the feedback.  Why Ortofon? I was wondering is there a bug used market for carts or do people just change them out as the mess with them. 
Sorry for all the newb questions, but how do people decide on one? Seems like hard to demo compared to cables.

I have read blue and bronze are good but the mofi has some decent ones.  Thinking of sticking with mm to start.