Help with this RB300

Hi folks,

I just got a Rega RB300 for my Kenwood KD500, and I have NO clue how to take the old arm off and put this one on. I'm really in the dark here. Can anyone point me to a step by step guide? I also don't have any of the tools, protractors, etc that are needed to set up a cartridge on the arm. What do I do?

Thanks!
lousyreeds1

Showing 4 responses by musicdoc

no offense, but you totally didn't do your homework here, and it sort of sounds like you shouldn't attempt this by yourself. just taking someone's word for it isn't enough. you need to obtain instructions, a template, and the necessary tools. find out the spindle to pivot distance for the rega and measure on the table to see if the armboard will need re-drilling. just ask your friend if he/she would mind your alterations. it's an older table and better sound will result if this is done correctly. hey, i wouldn't mind. or you could have a new armboard made and drilled for the rega to attain proper alignment. find someone experienced with this type of thing to lend a hand. the old "see one, do one, teach one" approach is a good one. best of luck.
no offense intended lousyreeds1, but you really seemed to be spinning your wheels and needed a bit of a wakeup. i really just want to see you succeed at this project. we all have needed help to "learn the analog ropes" as it were (and god knows i have only scratched the surface myself) hope you find all the resources you need (online and otherwise) please keep us posted.
serendipity! (or my second guessing of the advice you received was just plain wrong) either way, the path is clear to mount it up. have you decided on/obtained a cartridge? btw i looked up the table on thevintageknob.org right here looks like a good, sturdy vintage DD. once set up, i bet it will sound VERY decent.
whoops, the link didn't work.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/KENWOOD/KD500/KD500.html