Help with this RB300

Hi folks,

I just got a Rega RB300 for my Kenwood KD500, and I have NO clue how to take the old arm off and put this one on. I'm really in the dark here. Can anyone point me to a step by step guide? I also don't have any of the tools, protractors, etc that are needed to set up a cartridge on the arm. What do I do?

Thanks!
lousyreeds1

Showing 4 responses by lousyreeds1

Hi there,

I'll try to post some detailed pictures of the old arm/table tonight. I asked on the forums a few weeks ago and was told that it would work if I got a spacer (still need to do that). I don't have the instructions or mounting template, which is why I'm asking for help here.

The Kenwood has a separate armboard. I would like not to redrill it if possible as I'm borrowing the table from a friend. Am I screwed?

Thanks!
Thanks for the advice guys. Musicdoc, the scolding is unecessary. I'm in rural Ohio, and audiogon is my best source of information. The old tonearm is barely functioning, and I needed to try something- this made the most sense.

Tobias, thanks for that link, it should prove really useful. Maybe I'll call a Rega dealer somewhere and see if he'll ship me the necessary materials...
Thanks for the continued help, musicdoc and tobias.

It seems that the hole in the old armboard was drilled at exactly 222mm from the spindle, as suggested by Rega. What luck! Now I just need to find some spacers, and I need to figure out how much height I need to add. Tobias, I might contact Rob Doughty. Thanks for the info.
Well folks, all I've got to do is align the cartridge. I found a local who will let me borrow his template. I decided not to go with the expensive Rega spacers and just get some stainless steel washers instead. Is there any reason not to do this? It seems to have worked well...