Help With Template for SME 309

I'm wondering if anyone can help out my internet-challenged friend, who has asked me to post this. He's getting an SME 309 tonearm for his VPI Mark IV with a Jr. Plinth. He needs the oval template to rout out the hole for the SME 309 tonearm. Does anyone has one they could copy, or perhaps photocopy, and send to me? Alternately, if anyone knows of a website where the template can be downloaded, that would greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

Best regards,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin

Showing 1 response by shasta

The instruction manual for the 309 will have drilling instructions, but nobody really does that themselves.
An HW-19 IV with a Jr plinth doesn't make sense. It sounds cobbled together.? Is it a Jr. with a IV platter/bearing upgrade? 19's come with armboards drilled for what you need, SME included.
The IV requires a VPI "Super Armboard" to comp for the added height of the IV platter; this isn't part of the IV platter/bearing upgrade.
If I'm correct in my guesswork, order the Super AB from Elusive Disc, drilled for SME.

Sme's UK site is currently offline, but the US distributor is Sumiko. They can probably get you SME manuals.