Help with room treatments

I have alot of glass behind my speakers and also a TV between (see - beauty and the beasts under systems for pics), yet my system sounds great to me. The speakers are forward of the TV by at least 8 inches.
After hearing all the stuff here about room dynamics, today I placed very heavy blankets over the windows behind and also over the TV to see if acoustic absorption panels may give me better sound. I did not hear any differences on several of my favorite test cuts in near field listening.
Could it be that my SRS-SDA Polk speakers are better than most at eliminating the reflections given that they phase cancel signals coming from the left speaker to the right ear and vis versa for the left ear?
Or am I that untrained to hear differences. I think I have good ears, am a musician etc. Perhaps I picked up very subtle increase in the solidity of instrument placement. but that is all I heard.
Comments?
128x128gammajo
Some time ago I realized that I had trouble with my room (I consider it on the small side) I have since then installed Michael Green's Room Tune products, 48" Room Tunes and 4 Corner Tunes, for me they made a sizeable difference. The best option with the Room Tunes is that I could use the reflective side or the absorb side. From Infinity Kappa 8s I now have Apogee Slant 6s and even thru the equipment changes once I dialed them in you know it! It is so precise that when my wife vaccums if she moves a Room Tune even an 1/8" you know the difference, so I have the floor marked to make sure I can reposition them properly. For me they've been magic opening the sound stage and enhancing the sound overall no matter what I use (equipment) or listen to musically. You have to be your own judge and yes it does take time to get the desired results but subjectivly they're magic.
The key is that you said you did "nearfield listening." If you really
did nearfield listening, then by listening so close to your speakers, you were
not hearing the effects of the room and it is not exactly a surprise that you
would hear little difference. This is also why if one suspects a demo room is
bad, it is advisable to listen "nearfield." Because, by listening so
close, you eliminate the room. On the other hand, you also limit how much
soundstaging your gear can provide.

Having said all of that, the real question is -- are you happy with your sound
from listening position? If not and if the sonics seem hard or bright, it may
be the uncovered windows. But, there could also be other problems in the
room more eggregious. Or, your system and the windows may be interacting
to produce sonics with which you're happy.

Basically, we need more info -- and we need your perceptions from the
listening position.
Thank you for your responses. With the speakers about 8 feet apart, I am listening at 10 feet with couch cushion diectly behind my ears. I used Opus 3 Test CD 4.1, for timber, balance and depth. Sound field is very wide, extending well beyond the speakers, depth is Ok with definite layers of instruments in front and behind. All seemed pleasing and pieces presented as the disc described they should. No unevenness on piano and voice noticed, things sounded silkly in the high, clear in the mid, and tight and solid in tone and position in the base.