Help with new speakers

I own a pair of the paradigm tributes, first pair actually (serial numbers 1&2), but am thinking about going much higher end. I have listened to almost all of the b&w 800's and though i like the 802D's i'm not in love with them. Same thing with the mcintosh xr100's and dynaudio chorus 2. Any other suggestions in the $10-20k range that i can power with rotel 500 watt mono's..

Also, opinion on what i can get for my tributes? I've had them for about a year and they are factory perfect. they are in a dedicated 2 channel setup, not home theater so they probably have a hundred hours or less on them. The cool thing is that they're the first pair. It was totally by luck that i got them but i think they'd be worth more because of the exclusivity, thoughts?
gary324
In looking at the equipment you list, my personal feeling is that you'd be better off upgrading the preamp and amplifier before you give up on the speakers. Rotel is good stuff but not as nuanced as higher end equipment, and the speakers you have could probably let you hear the difference in the improved electronics. But what do you mean the room WAS 10 by 12? That's a small room, and I wonder if you can get the best out of any full-range speaker in a room of that size. Are you going to be using a new, larger room? If not, I think you might be best served using smaller speakers designed for smaller rooms (think stand-mounted monitors); that way the room isn't overloaded and you're not listening to speakers that are intended to be listened to at a distance of 10 feet or so. Just my $.02.
Firstly, Not trying to be mean at all, so please don't take it that way.
Secondly, I'm not real familiar with your gear.

With that being said, I'd change everything EXCEPT your speakers, chair and acoustic panels.

I'm sure someone else can better guide you on what to keep, but I'd fill the "I need something new and improved, bug" on a new amp (which you need), a better pre amp that pairs well with your new amp, and get different cables to match your new set-up...

I've switched out gear for a lateral move, or sometimes, for something I didn't like as much, and that feeling sucks. I hate it when I spend hundreds of dollars and drive hundreds of miles, only to end up with something that I didn't like as much.

Again, where do you live? Maybe someone here from the gon can help you out in person.
Again, thanks again for the great advice.

So yes the new room is much much larger. I dont know exactly but its in the 30ish by 20ish range and will be in the main room of my new house. Im looking for a focal point of the room and i'd like this to be it.

I owned the focal/jmlabs 936's and actually i really liked them. The downfall to the 936's is they were butt ugly. I had them in my living room and everyone that would come to my house commented that all they needed was orange surrounds on the woofers and they'd look like 1990's cerwin vegas.

Compared to the b&w cm9's i had its no comparison, and i really liked the cm9's until i heard the tributes haha. The tributes real value is that tweeter. Its so smooth and the cabinets are gorgeous, but i think i'd like something physically larger for this new space. I even debated on staying in the brand and going up to s8's but i owned a pair of sig s6 version 2's a few years ago at the same time i had the 936's and if you listened to them side by side youd pick the 936's every time. Now with the berylium tweeter its a different story.

I really appreciate the help but i think the suggestion to do a road trip and listen to some other brands is a great idea. In the mean time an audio buddy is going to let me borrow a vintage mcintosh mc275 and a krell 200 watt integrated to play with until i decide what i want to do. This should be interesting.

I'll keep everyone informed when i decide what i want. But if you see the tributes in the for sale section you'll know i bought something new and awesome.

Probably throw Revel in the mix...constantly been impressed with their models....plenty of price points