Help with Jazz BeBop

Hi- I need to get a gift for an avid jazz fan. Likes progressive jazz…bebop, etc. What can I send him for a cd that he would be totally impressed with?
luc

Showing 1 response by rhanson7399a23

If you'd like to impress with your ability to find slightly more obscure stuff... try Chase Sanborn's "Cut to the Chase" or "Perking Up." The first CD is a compilation from his first two CDs, "Good to the Last Bop" and "Sweet and Low."

These also feature Guido Basso on horn and Carol McCartney on vocals.

"Jazz trumpeter and author Chase Sanborn is based in Toronto, Canada. Chase is a veteran session player who has performed with many top artists including Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Diana Krall, and for a brief but memorable engagement, a guy that juggles chain saws."

"A dedicated and celebrated educator, Chase Sanborn’s series of instructional books & DVD’s have garnered worldwide praise for their insightful yet light-hearted and humorous look at the world of music. Chase is currently a member of the Jazz Faculty at the University of Toronto, and travels frequently to appear as a Yamaha clinician and guest artist."

Disclaimer: Chase is my cousin. We don't do any kickbacks, though.

/Rob