Help with bluegrass music...

Im a relocated west coast city slicker now in Mayberry USA..I find myself really liking old school bluegrass music.Im wanting to buy bluegrass with emphasis on well recorded material..Im not sure if those two go together but thought Id ask..Again,really highend recorded old school bluegrass!!!..thanks
missioncoonery

Showing 1 response by swanny76109

Don't forget Doc Watson for amazing flat picking. Get "Down South" (Rykodisc) for sure. I now live in Texas and really miss my North Carolina mountain music. If you can stand the crowds you should go to Merle Fest in NC and see for yourself what you like.
Mentioned earlier, Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band's "The Mountain" is really killer performance-wise, and well recorded. "Skip, Hop and Wobble" (Rounder I believe) by Jerry Douglas et all is amazing too. All acoustic. New Grass Revival is essential listening--with Sam Bush. You can enjoy the 70s version with Curtis Burch, or the slicker, 80s version with Bela Fleck, but it's all good. They have a remastered "greatest hits" that would be a good dip--2 CDs and pretty good SQ. Have fun--it's the real deal.