Help with a complete vinyl setup about $2,500

Thanks for reading my thread.

I'm strongly considering getting back into vinyl. I've searched the archives back to last summer and was surprised that I couldn't find any thread discussing a complete vinyl setup for about $2,500. My goal is a lot of detail, a huge soundstage, very dynamic from top to bottom, and musical.

My current setup is:
Sonic Frontiers Line 3SE - preamp
Two PS Audio - Classic 250's (bi-amping)
Speakers - Tyler Acoustics - Full Linbrook System
Cabling & PC's - Verastarr (silver plated copper)

I'm looking for suggestions for a turntable, cartridge, needle, arm, phono-pre, and a record-cleaning machine (if necessary). Is there anything I should absolutely purchase new instead of used? I've upgraded to my current rig over the years a few times and I'm happy with my current rig even though I know I can improve it, that said is $2,500 enough to spend on a vinyl setup or might I get the upgrade itch at this price point? I guess I'm trying to ask, is a $2,500 vinyl setup in-line with my current rig? If not, then the thread title should probably read "Help with a complete vinyl setup in-line with my current rig, the vinyl setup will cost about $X,XXX dollars." Please fill in the XXX.

Thanks for your help.
dsiggia

Showing 2 responses by mikesinger

i am setting up a analog rig now...unless you get very good used deals, you might be estimating too low.

a analog setup is alot more $$$ than digital.

here are some costs to consider...

used table, arm and cartidge -----$1500
used phono stage ----------------$750
used cables ( 2 pairs) -----------$500

that right there is is close to $3k without accessories...

hope that helps,

mike
i came up with 2 pair of cables since most audiophiles i know dont have 2 decent pairs of the same cables laying around for spares.....$250 is pretty much the starting point of decent used cables.

as for pre's i am looking the the audible illusion 3 (run hot rodded via tape outputs or the audio research ph-2 or ph-3 phono stage( each one anywhere from $750 to $900)

hope that helps.

mike