Help with a complete vinyl setup about $2,500

Thanks for reading my thread.

I'm strongly considering getting back into vinyl. I've searched the archives back to last summer and was surprised that I couldn't find any thread discussing a complete vinyl setup for about $2,500. My goal is a lot of detail, a huge soundstage, very dynamic from top to bottom, and musical.

My current setup is:
Sonic Frontiers Line 3SE - preamp
Two PS Audio - Classic 250's (bi-amping)
Speakers - Tyler Acoustics - Full Linbrook System
Cabling & PC's - Verastarr (silver plated copper)

I'm looking for suggestions for a turntable, cartridge, needle, arm, phono-pre, and a record-cleaning machine (if necessary). Is there anything I should absolutely purchase new instead of used? I've upgraded to my current rig over the years a few times and I'm happy with my current rig even though I know I can improve it, that said is $2,500 enough to spend on a vinyl setup or might I get the upgrade itch at this price point? I guess I'm trying to ask, is a $2,500 vinyl setup in-line with my current rig? If not, then the thread title should probably read "Help with a complete vinyl setup in-line with my current rig, the vinyl setup will cost about $X,XXX dollars." Please fill in the XXX.

Thanks for your help.
dsiggia

Showing 1 response by johnnantais

My budget is also $2500 and I would like to buy the universe, or at the very least a pig that can fly. Let's see now: for that money you want a 'table, tonearm, cartridge, phono preamp and record cleaning machine, and want the whole thing to be very detailed, very dynamic from top to bottom and to have a huge soundstage. One thing about shooting at the Moon, it's a big target!

To get away with this, see "Building high-end record players cheap at Home Despot." Otherwise, you'll have to simmer down a bit. Of course, with a well-chosen array of items you could just get away with some of it, at least, with re-wired Rega arm, Grado Woody (huge soundstage and surprisingly detailed), ASL Mini Phono tubed phono stage at $250, and some sort of used high-end 'table along the lines of VPI, or Well-Tempered (no Rega necessary). Or conversely, buy 2500 Lotto tickets and hope for the best!