HELP Which wall of new room to put system on?

I'm probably moving my system into a new room. The room is about 15' wide x 20' long. I will put the system on one of the 15' walls. The room height is 8' except that one wall only goes to 5'4" and begins a gradual slant up to 8'. I would like to get everyone's advice about whether I should put the main system / front speakers on the wall with the slant or on the wall that goes straight up to 8' tall. I'm hoping that, in some way, this will be a sonic advantage. I'm just not sure if the slant should be behind the main front speakers or on the other end of the room from them. By the way, the main front speakers will probably sit about 5' off the wall.
bufus

Showing 1 response by kana813

Depending on how tall your speakers are, I'd go with wall with the sloping ceiling. You should also consider where you're going to place your equipment rack/stand. If you look at the virtual systems section, you see that over 95% of them have equipment between the speakers. IMO, you want to keep source equipment away from the speakers, and big racks and video screens do not enhanse imaging.
Having your main front speakers 5' off the wall will be great for imaging, but you'll also have some peaks and dips
in bass response to deal with.