Help w/ tuner in Classik , CRCD vs. FT101A please

Hi all.

I have a second system that I set up for my wife but it's too complicated for her to use (should've known). In this system I currently have a Magnum Dynalab FT101A. I'm considering selling the second system to get an all in one system like the Linn Classik or Classe CRCD.

I don't want to take a big step down from the FT101A using the Classik or CRCD. We live about 45 miles away from the radio stations we listen to and I want to make sure the Classik or CRCD has decent enough tuner sections to get the job done. Any members out there that have any experience with these components to let me know if the Classik or CRCD is on par with the FT101A or a major step down. Thanks in advance for your replies.
michaela

Showing 1 response by mfkeleher

I have a Classik and a NAD L40. The Classik is a great machine but it is way tricky to use. I can't imagine a more complicated remote control. The NAD on the other hand is way easy to use, but it lacks AM. I get very satisfying sound out of both. I'm having a great deal of trouble deciding for myself whether to keep the Classik with the Silverline SR12's or the L40 with the DCM TimePieces.

Strongly recomemnd you audition the remote before ordering a Classik.