Help Viridian will a Denon 103 work in a Rega arm

I am using a vintage Denon 103D in my Micro Seiki MR-711 and would like to try a new 103 in my P3 or my Technics. Most likely the P3. I would appreciate guidance from anyone that has first hand experience using a current production 103 in a stock Rega arm. Transformer will be a Denon AU-320. Thanking all of you in advance for your guidance and continued support.
Marty
128x128viridian

Showing 3 responses by dan_ed

I have found the 103R to not be very interested in VTA. I tried it on an RB250, Graham 2.2 and Basis Vector. I varied VTA quite a bit (within reason) and just never really found much difference than having the cartridge level. So lack of VTA may not be a big deal. Mine seemed to be more interested in VTF.
Did you guys ever see the "DougDeacon VTF Adjustment Tool" for Rega's using TWL's HiFi mod? A.K.A, a heavy paper clip bent into an arch that spans above the bearings and attaches at both ends to the weights. Moving it back and forth would add or subtract from the VTF. I never tried it but several members reported good results.
Yep, I've never tried the plain vanilla 103, but based on what has been posted near and far it would be worth the price the find out.

As far as VTF, I though 1.7 - 2.0 sounded better than the heavier Denon suggested range. That said, it could also be that my Shure balance and cheap digital guage may be that far off.