Help setting up Origin Live Silver tonearm

Um, I have a quick question. I have what seems to be a good SRA, overhang, VTF set on my new OL silver, but now the arm lift mechanism doesn't lift the tonearm high enough above the record enough to be useful. (i.e. it just won't go high enough). I see a set screw on the arm damping well for the lift, but I don't have a key small enough to fit it and I'm not sure this will even help. I have taken off the included VTA ring as it added 2mm at the minimum, and this provided too much tail height. I am using a Rega Planar 3 turntable and a Denon 103D cartridge (until my Zyx arrives!!!) Also, I have set the overhang and the SRA using the provided setup card.

Thanks!
-Marc
mre2007

Showing 2 responses by mre2007

well, it looks like it's possible to adjust the lift, per this previous post. I'll have to get a hex key and try it tomorrow.
Actually, it is a 0.05" hex key. Also, I am indeed using the (better) Expressimo Audio coller and lower nut. I've decided to take the table to a dealer to help with setup once I get the Zyx. Also, I now know what "better tracking" means in a tonearm! The thing that really suprised me, was how much more dirt the stylus raked out of the groove, on a record that previously left the needle fairly clean! Considence?

-Marc