Help selecting a new preamp

I want to replace my Outlaw Audio 976 preamp with a stereo only preamp, no tuner. Sources will be an OPPO 103, a Shiit D/A from my mac mini room server and a Teac 2300 r to r Power amp is a Carver Crimson 275... speakers are Goldenear Triton 2+......max 5k budget. Any help is greatly appreciated. Phono input OK but not a necessity...THANKS
128x128fastninja12
if you enjoy a very loud clicking sound as you adjust the volume
then the Schiit may be just right for you.
No one enjoys it, but it not as bad as you make out, and only while adjusting the level.
It would be something "not to be enjoyed" if your source had some DC offset leakage, then it would be as you say " a very loud clicking sound" but that’s a problem with the source not the Schiit.
And all Schiit Freya’s and Saga’s come with remote, the $49 Sys does not, wonder why?

Cheers George
@gryphongryph 

Yes, I absolutely would, both in terms of build and sound quality. These are two outstanding designers.
You may want to check out a used Dehavilland Ultraverve, or new. Hand-wired, simple, 6sn7 based. See Dehavilland Electric Amplifier website. I bought a used one here on Agon and love it in my system. Easy to tweak the sound since there is only one 6sn7. I quickly sold my previous tube preamp. 
If your budget is less than 5K...the Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp is a bargain on steroids at the asking price of $3,200.00 new.. or can be had used for around $2,200.00. Lots of info/reviews online. The new EVO lineup incorporates balanced in/out if needed also.   
For for SS, for the money the Musical Fidelity M6 Pre is back and at $2K is a stupidly good value with a strong phono stage.

The Art Audio Conductor Simply 2 is $5500 and brilliant. It has switchable gain and can be customized to your needs. It uses the same circuit as the Conductor but lacks the tape loop and headphone amp that the Conductor has.

It is a clear step up from the PS Audio BHK despite being a little less expensive because of the lack of the headphone amp and the fact that Art Audio is direct in the US so there is only the retail margin, not retail and wholesale.

I can arrange for you to hear the Conductor if you are in NYC, Boston or Philly. Otherwise it is a 30 day in-home demo on either and I have flexibility on both.

Let me me know if you are interested.  I will even take your Outlaw on trade for either.