Help returning an Allnic H1500 SE II phono stage

Looking for some feedback and recommendations for retubing my Allnic H1500 SE II phono stage that are getting long on service hours and besides like to have a full set of tubes on hand for any piece of tube gear I have in play for trouble shooting issues as they come up. The tubes in question are not readily available through the normal channel's like Upscale Audio or The Tube Store except for the rectifier tube that has been replaced with a Phillips 5R4GYS with great sonic success. The list of tubes needed are as follows, (2) E282F, (2) 7233, (2) 6485, (6) 5842. I have found them all on eBay from different sellers but not confident that is the way to go. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

tooblue

Showing 2 responses by whart

I have the H3000- your best bet, depending on where in the world you are located, is to contact the authorized factory/distributors. Albert Porter is US (maybe all of North America). I bought the oddball tubes for the H3000 on Ebay as well and have some back ups- also got a complete set from the factory. My recollection was that some of the tubes I got from eBay, branded Mullard, made in Great Britain on the glass, were actually made by Amperex in the U.S. It wasn't that the seller was selling bogus product- apparently, tube companies shared workload in the past- and did this without regard to what we think of today as correct provenance of the tubes--they were pretty much fungible parts. And, I was informed that the Siemens and Mullards supplied by the factory for the H3000 were essentially the same tube. The rectifier makes a huge difference- and there, you can go to the open market; some other Allnic owners may weigh in but my sense is that you aren't going to get as much out of rolling the tubes on the audio circuit as you will the rectifier.  Dunno if that helps. Albert is pretty regularly on this board, and easy to find on the Net. (and a nice guy to boot, though he may be off to an audio show right now). 
What were the tubes used in this model originally purposed for? My recollection was that the E810F in the H3000 was meant for telephony switching, and was not originally intended for audio, which is why it's an offbeat tube- not expensive, but not usually carried by the usual audio suppliers of NOS (though who knows what they have accumulated). wrm57 is correct as to my knowledge, David is retired, Albert's your man. (David was great to work with, but you have to appreciate Albert's sense of humor- a wonderful character).