Help Rega RB300 owners

Need help/advise on adjusting the height of the tonearm cueing platform on a RB300. Need to increase the height of the platform so that it makes contact with the tonearm. This was not a problem till I changed the cartridge on the RB300 from a Sumiko Bluepoint2 to a Lyra Helikon. The tracking force on the Bluepoint2 was 2gm as compared to 1.6gm on the Helikon.To make matters more complicated, I have added the Michell VTA adjuster recently. The TT is a Michell Gyro SE.
At present I have to manually lower the tonearm/stylus on to the lp. Given that the bulk of my listening is done under the influence of alcohol, this is a potentially hazardous situation. The RB300 was supplied with the Gyro SE and the manual says the dealer can adjust the the cueing platform. This does't help coz the Michell dealer knows even less than I do!!
Puhleez help.
128x128sunnyboy1956

Showing 1 response by gilbodavid

try cardas wire and TWL's hi fi mods and it will equal my origion live silver which has been reviewed and placed in the very nearly top tier (allowing as we all know for that diminishing returns thingy). The new wire and Twl mod is EVERYTHING for this arm. Cheers, david