Help recommend a good tube preamp

I am looking for recommendations for a good, fully balanced tube preamp (< $4k - $12k) for my system:

DAC: Holo May

Power amp: Hegel H30 (input impedance (balanced / XLR) = 25k ohms)

Speakers: Focal Maestro Utopia III

Room: 20ft X 21ft

Music: mostly jazz / classical. Some classic rock.

Preamps tried before: McIntosh C2600, Hegel P30, Holo Serene, Rogue RP5

Constraints: output impedance should not be high (as my amplifier’s input impedance is quite low)

I tried C2600 (but with different amp / speakers).

Recently, I tried Rogue RP5 - sounded great but it does not have XLR out (H30’s unbalanced input impedance is a measly 9.6 kilo ohms). So, a natural recommendation would be the Rogue Audio RP7 - except that in the Stereophile review’s measurements section, John Atkinson recommends not using the pre with amps with less than 30k input impedance (affects low frequency response).

Thanks.

Ag insider logo xs@2xreg19

What preamp are you using now, and what kind of sound characteristics/improvements are you looking for?

@soix the details are in the opening post.

If you liked the Rogue RP-5 but want balanced I have a Rogue RP-7 that I just haven't gotten around to listing yet but will be doing soon. I've done a fair amount of tube rolling and it current has all NOS amperex 12au7 in it. The tubes alone are worth $500 or so. I have the original JJ tubes as well. I'll give you a good deal on the unit and tubes if you'd like. 

AUDIO RESEARCH REFERENCE 5 SE, 6, 6 SE

VTL  TL 7.5

MCINTOSH LABS 2700?

I have owned the Mac 2200 and it was very enjoyable, I am currently using the 5SE and think it is a next level pre. Holographic soundstage and a step deeper into the music. It really shines in detail and a natural lifelike presentation. I was surprised how much better it was than my MC2200 which was a great preamp. 

Post removed