Help Recommend a Good System for $2000.

Hi, A good friend and I are helping another friend to assemble a system on a budget and we are hoping to receive some input from fellow Audiogoners. The room dimensions are: 15' front and back walls (front walls are heavily draped windows and listening position will be a couch beneath the windows,) the side walls are 12'.
Blues,classic rock (plays guitar,loves the Beatles.)I would say acoustic/elec guitar and definately vocals comprise most of his listening.
His budget is $2000 for full range Spkrs (above say 38HZ) SS Amp&Preamp or Integrated, a HDMI DVD/CD source,(this could be a dedicated notebook PC as internet radio is desired as well)We'll need to allow $ for Cables.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
resuviator

Showing 1 response by resuviator

Thank you, some nice recommendations.
The Kestrals are spkrs I've owned and enjoyed with an Electrocompaniet integrated,however that might be more to my taste than my friends, but remain a possibility. I am not familar with Sonus Faber Spkrs. Yes mos def 2nd hand purchases are the way to go (except maybe part of the digital end, which will be a necessary part of the $2000 budget.)So I guess Spkrs and amp/preamp should come in at approx. $1400.@ 2nd hand prices to allow for Dig.source and cables.
Hmm not sure about the Vandersteens that is a thought.
What about NHT ST4's as my friend is more of a classic Rock Fan? I see these @ $500. Any one with any experience here? What amps/integrated would pair well? Any other thoughts?
Thanks again...