help on picking new old processor please...

price point is 500-700..basic 5:1 system...80% sports and movies...old school stuff of 804 matrix B&W, emotiva 5-channel amp, cdm and htm B&W for center and surround..

dont need HDMI switching...
ready for any suggestions, have thought on my list so far

lexicon mc-4
sunfire grand theater II or better
love to hear what people think..
bonesnjnts
i'm surprised theta hasn't been mentioned here - casa nova's can be found at or below your budget, and casablanca's can be found for just a bit more than your targeted budget. i've owned proceed, meridian, and theta, and found the theta casablanca to have the best audio performance of them all.
What about the Arcam AVP700? It's at the low end of the price point, but the reviews seem pretty positive.
I Marantz AV8003 that I am trying to sell. 7.1 channels, Audyssey with microphone, upconverts to 1080,,, google it for all the spec's. It was Marantz's Flagship pre/pro until the just released Av8801. Also, the sonics are far superior to the AV7005 as I tried the 7005 and sold it to keep my 8003 because of the sound quality. I'll sell it today for $825.00 including shipping and Paypal. It is in excellent condition!
Today I still use my Arcam AV8.
She was one of the best and obviously built to last.
Think were going on 7yrs now and no hiccups.
Seen them here for around 8-900.
If I needed a used solid performer,this would be my pick.
New they were 5000.00
I'd add the Emotiva DMC-1 to the list since its basically a Sunfire Theater Grand IV and can be found cheaper only due to the badge on the front panel.