Help needed to make processor decision.

There are no dealers in my area that carry any of these processors:

Meridian 568
Classe SSP 75
Bryston SP-1
California Audio Labs CL 2500 SSP

I have read many good reviews about each but, since I can't audition any of them I need your help to decide which one would work best in my system. I am hoping to reduce the brightness I hear from the tweeters on my NHT 3.3s. Here are the components in my system to consider:

Classe 25 two channel amp (250 watts)
Wadia 20 CD transport
Wadia 25 DAC
NHT 3.3s
Cardas Golden Cross XLR Interconnect (DAC to Classe amp)
Cardas Golden Cross bi-wire speaker cable

I plan on removing the Wadia 25 DAC and routing the Wadia 20 CD transport to the new processor.
The video inputs on the Classe 75 would be nice but, not necessary.

Thanks for your input.
mnhgolf

Showing 2 responses by danielk141

Why don't you try a B&K REF 30? I own a B&K 3090, I purchased it from a fried who has NHT 3.3s front & rear, also their latest center channel. It is definitely not a bright sounding processor. It also has excellent bass-management...

Daniel
Mike,

Just to show how stubborn I am! If I were in your place, I'd consider a fully balanced 2 channel pre-amp like an Adcom GFP750. It has a throughput to incorporate into a video processor when in multi-channel mode. If you only need 2 channels of balanced, you won't be buying the other 3, you can use a non-balanced processor for them.

I think the big-name processors are:
1. Overpriced.
2. A BIG rip-off when it comes to the promised
upgrades.
I've seen friends buy early generation Proceed & Lexicon processors. They were completely superseded by another model. They're like 2 year old computers.... You just about have to give them away..