HELP needed for

Guys-
I'm lost in the world of digital music. My goal is to get both 2 channel and a couple of other areas of the house served with internet, subscribed music ie rhapsody, spotify along with downloaded music files. I've looked at Sonos due to the whole house aspect but it seems lacking for 2 channel. I have a Marantz Model 250 amp, Yamaha C50 preamp, Rotel RCD1072 CD, VPI scout with Benz MC and JBL 4312 monitors to give you a reference to my humble 2 channel setup. I happen to have a Mac Mini laying around that's about 10 years old if that helps. My problem is I don't know how important my pc is, what kind of hard drive to get to best serve music files, what to do about dac (looked at dacmagic plus b/c of cost)and interconnects in general. I'm on a limited budget - say 2-3K to invest and don't expect to achieve the high level of sound quality most of you are at. PS - we have plenty of Iphones/Ipads to use as controllers. I beg you guys - please do your best to give me your best practical above average equipment set up suggestions. I appreciate your much needed advice.
oldschool43064

Showing 1 response by oldschool43064

Davide256
Thanks a bunch for your response. Mind if i ask a few questions?
1. What's a SSD?
2. Does it matter how much RAM and hard drive you buy for the Mac if you're buying the external hard drive. I5 or I7 important? Is there any difference in importance if the Mac is set up as wireless vs. wired with the sonos?
3. Anything of value to the sonos modified by Cullen or others that i've read about online/this website? What do they do that improves things??
4. Does the Asynch DAC address the "jitter" or do you need a reclocker to address this?
Thanks a lot!
Old School