Help Need speakers for Peachtree Audio Nova 125

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Peachtree Audio Nova 125 here, and am about to pull the trigger on a recent pair of Magnepan MMGs as well.

Before I purchase the MMGs, I want to get your informed opinions on the best speakers for my integrated amp.

My room is large (at least 30x20x12), with a large bay window, no treatments but lots of rugs.

My musical tastes are quite varied, from classical to reggae, but mostly Contemporary Jazz and classic/pop rock.

I like my music rather loud at times, but also at moderate levels when I am alone and wanting to focus on the performance.

As I will need to export my setup some time in the near future, size is also a factor... sniff...

Thanks for your advice and related experiences.

Oh... if I get the MMGs, I also plan to buy one or two subwoofers to assist in the lower frequencies. Something like REL T5/SVS SB12-NSD. What do you think?

My budget for the speakers is around 1000$, or 500$ x 2 for good used subs. Makes any sense?

Regards to all

jlr261
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjlr261

Showing 1 response by tgrisham

Will the Peachtree have enough power to push the MMGs to their potential at high volumes? Will you need to add separate amplification?