HELP! - Need a Repair Recommendation for my Raysonic Amp

After 5 years of flawless service, my Raysonic SP-66 tube integrated wouldn’t power up yesterday evening. The fuse at the electrical input was blown, but it still didn’t power up even after I replaced the fuse with one that tests good. I took the bottom plate off, looked around inside, and didn’t see anything obviously wrong. The 2 internal fuses tested good.

It ocurred to me that the power button was probably in the ON position when I went to start listening. This suggests that either I accidentally left it on the last time I listened, or one of my grand-children turned it on, and it over-heated. I also noticed a paint blister on one of the transformer covers suggesting that it over-heated.

My suspicion is the power transformer, but I don’t how to confirm it, or replace it if it is in fact the problem.

Raysonic is long gone and they had a reputation for being secretive with product details, so I doubt that anyone will have schematics or parts values.

The amp has been a pleasure and it is a perfect match for my CD128 CD player which has also performed flawlessly.

Therefore, I would very much like to get the amp repaired, as long as it isn’t cost-prohibitive, but I don’t know who to turn to, much less trust, to do the work.

I would hope that a well-qualified tube amp technician would be able to fix this even if they are not specifically familiar with Raysonic. I just don’t know who that is.

So, I would appreciate suggestions/recommendations of someone who may be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Brady

bbroussard
And the answer is Stephen Monte at Quest for Sound!

Quest for sound has a CD168 posted for sale, so I sent them a message asking if they could possibly help.  Stephen quickly responded that they would be glad to take a look and trouble-shoot for a $65 fee (applied to repairs if made).  

I shipped it on Monday using their FedEx discount and it got there Thursday.  Anxious to see what they find.

I will update as things progress.

Thanks for your input and support.
Stephen Monte at Quest for Sound informed me last night that the center power transformer is toast.  He is not aware of any source for replacement parts, and getting a custom job done would take lots of time and money.  :~(

I don't want to stick it in the closet and I don't want to trash it.  Do you think this is something that somebody might want to salvage parts out of, or make a project out of?

I guess there is always the long shot that somebody out there has another one with different broken parts that could combine two broken ones into one good one.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.