Help, my system sounds lifeless!

Hi, this is my first post.  I rushed putting my system together when i emigrated from the UK to New Jersey.  In fact this site was partly to blame as i was attracted to the amazing  "used" deals!  I bought a pair of Dali Helicon 400 (mark I)  as they passed the WAF.  The rest of the system contains a Belles Soloist Integrated and Simaudio Equinox SE CD player, wireworld platinum eclispe 6 interconnect & Audio Art Cable Classic SC-5 Speaker Cable.  My room maybe partly to blame but generally the system sounds lifeless, with little soundstage (better when i play vinyl).  I am not feeling/falling in love with the speakers and do not like the bass response (which is often reported).  I would like to change the speakers and was wondering if you could help.  I have an extremely large cd collection (and have recently bought a used Lumin D1, but unfortunately not set up yet) covering all kinds of music.  I am thinking 8ohm with better sensitivity would be a better option.  Looking to spend around $3000-4000 used.  Some contenders include Revel F206 or F208, Tannoy DC8 or DC8T, ATC SCM40, JA Pulsars (maybe too much $), PBN Liberty, Aerial 10T (never see them used) but they must have grills as sometimes kids go in the basement.  Maybe Monitors with stands would be better option?  I am hoping the flickr link works so you can see my room (excuse the feet!).  I want to fall in love with my large music collection again!  Looking for good bass & soundstage and speakers that can play all kinds of music (sometimes I'm partial to deep electronic music).  In some ways because my taste is so vast i am not particularly looking for ultra revealing speakers (Nora Jones speakers i think you call them!).  Looking forward to the NY audio show so i can hear some systems.  Thanks for all the help, cheers Paul  https://www.flickr.com/gp/97665913@N06/a5G6d9
spoutmouzert
Here is some good advise with a Money Back Guarantee.
Open Baffle Spatial Audio model 3  if you want low bass around 30 hz,the 
model 4 smaller will go down high 30s. Check them out Clayton gives you 
I believe 45 or 60 days money back. They sound great  I have several speakers 
but the 3 s and get all options .
The danger here is to lean to far the other way. Purchase some bright and forward and thin speakers, most of them are. So don't go overboard the other way and check with us far more knowledgeable people before making any decisions. 

In the end you may wish you had stayed in the UK. Well we are glad to have you here kidding aside. 

Speakers should go on the long wall with NOTHING between them.  Re-do your room with this in mind, and it will sound MUCH better
Oregonpapa wrote:
Its one of my pet peeves. A guy comes into the room with a problem. He asks for suggestions on how to solve the problem. He gets tons of sincere answers ... and doesn’t have the common courtesy to just say a simple "thank you," but doesn’t even acknowledge the responses in any way.

Yep. Original post almost 3 weeks ago spawning 48 responses spanning 19 days and not a single response or followup from the OP.

I think some people get off watching us jump through hoops to solve problems based on laughably inadequate information.
Apologies I have been meaning to write for a while but have just started a new job and am drowning in work.  One has to keep the rain off as well as save for new speakers!  Firstly thanks so much for all the replies, I have really enjoyed reading the replies.  Such a great forum/website.  Unfortunately i can't see me making too many changes to the room itself (WAF etc) but the plan is set up the Lumin this wkd (last wkd i failed as i realised my new router is not compatible with FIOS (bl**dy crooks), go the NY audio show and actually listen to some speakers instead of reading about them (!), and most importantly sell my Dali's and buy some monitors that have more life and synergy with my set up.  I have some new cables i would like to try also.  Will keep you posted.  Lastly, if Trump gets in I moving back to the UK!  Cheers, Paul.