Help me with a fully balanced DAC

Hi all,

I am looking for either a cd player or a dac to mate with my new Stax Omega amplifier and 404 phones (the Omega phones will happen next year). This amp is fully balanced, and I'd like to keep the entire analog side balanced. There are a few fully balanced DACs, but they are pricey - and there must be more.. here is what I know of

Assemblage 3.1
MSB Platinum (the gold is balanced but doesn't have balanced outputs!)
BAT 5 (obviously)
Wadia
Levinson

How about something that I could get for $1500 used?

Thanks,
Adam
akimball
I use, and highly recommend, the Theta Pro Gen Va. These can be found for $1500.00. Be careful to ask if it has balanced inputs as they all have balanced outputs and some people advertize these as "balanced". Don
Theta Gen Va, fully balanced should run you around $1400 to $1700 used. Hard to beat for that price.
Mark a 3rd vote for the Theta. No new info here except that the balanced Theta DS Pro Gen Va is a wonderful sounding d/a as is, but as a great design feature is fully upgradeable to any new versions (e.g. the fabled Gen VI) that become available. There's presently a 24/96 upgrade that's worth while.
How about Monarchy Audio Model 22c or Model 33(DAC and multi-input pre-amp in one box). The Monarchy has balanced outputs and both units have an analog volume control, so you can skip a seperate pre-amp. I bought, then mistakenly sold a perfect used Model 33 for $500. It sounded great!

BTW, a new Model 22c or 33 only cost $719 if you buy it direct from Monarchy (www.monarchyaudio.com).

I currently own a Theta Miles CD player. It has balanced outputs and volume control. I've tried it with and without pre-amp with great results.

Enjoy,

TIC