Help me with a Fidelity Research FR64 part

I got a mint FR64 tonearm at a great price. Sadly there was a catch it did not have the nut that fastens the arm at the base. It is a really fine thread (25 threads per inch) in fact my machinist doesn't have tooling for this.

so I want to know if anyone out there knows where I can get the said nut, or if they have one they can sell me - thanks
parrotbee
Shipping for that one nut/bolt/stabilizer/whatever is around $100 ($89 for Asia)? That is some precious stuff.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=k365009451

Stubborn?
Arrogant?
Inscrutable?

Well I guess I check the first two boxes for sure...….
Chakster, Until now, I did not know where the OP is located.  Obviously, his capacity to interact with a machinist in Oregon is limited by geography.  However, if a competent machinist knows the parameters (possibly M30X1.0), then the OP may be able to locate one to make this piece for him.  OR, as "imhififan" has shown, he may be able to buy the part on line with no fuss.  Or, has he contacted you to take advantage of your own kind offer? Cripes, I am in the US, and I buy car parts from the UK all the time; shipping is not THAT crazy, and the parts start out being cheaper and much more available in the UK than here.

As to your own problem with the set screw in the B60, I suggest McMaster and Carr, which is also in the US, but the part is so tiny that shipping probably could be reasonable.  Another source is "Mr Metric", on-line.  And, Colby Lamb offered to machine for me a special set screw for my B60 similar to the improved version that Nandric had made in Europe. (I think that's correct; with a squared off protrusion at the end to engage the channel in the B60 and thereby eliminate side to side motion.)  However, I have delayed that little project because I am so pleased with the FR64S/B60, as is; I don't want to take it apart and be deprived of its use.  Or, you're closer to Nandric than you are to Colby Lamb.  Funnily, I have bought audio capacitors from Russia and the Ukraine. Shipping to me from those locations is faster than from Canada. (Both the US and Canadian Customs Officials are fanatical; it seems they are not happy unless the border transit takes at least a week.)
@lewm regarding the FR B-60 replica:
I have solved the little play between the inner and outer parts of my B-60 base, i was very disappointed by fact that local machinists can’t make any parts like that because they don’t want to bother at all with indivitual orders for such a small part, too cheap for them, they all want money.

After chatting with Nikola i realized his screws are the same size (just different material) and also must be fixed to get rid of the little play between the parts.

A friend has fixed my screw yesterday for FREE by hammering the upper part of the steel screw to squash it a bit to expand the diameter of the "nose" of that screw which goes to the slot in the inner part to prevent the lateral movement. Now everything is solved and i have no play horizontal between the parts, the screw sits in the slot tightly and everything is just fine.

I recommend this simple method to anyone with the same problem with B-60!

Dear geofkait, Your question ''if those German ingineers were
the same which Russian send back after the war?'' is interesting.
Russian obsession with secrecy is the reason that much is
unknown about German-Russian military cooperation. To avoid
limitations prescribed by ''Versailles treaty'' Germans organized
their military development in Russia. What both parties learned
from each other is not known but in 1950 about 170 German
''scientist'' were sent back to Germany. According to Korolev
(Russian rocket scientist and  leader of ditto program) they were
useless to Russia. This means that Russians were further in
technological development in rocket- as well nuclear science.
Rockets are already used in the war as the so called ''Stalin 
organs'' .  Japan was in its development first dependant from
Holland which was the only state allowed in Japan. Their
expression for ''science'' is translation of ''Dutch''. But Holland
was to small for so many Japanese students. So they were sent
to Germany to study mechanical engineering. Before or around
the first WW.