Help me pick an amp for under $5,000

So I finally have the scratch for an amp and I'm looking for some help. My system consists of a Sony SCD-1, Music Hall MMF-7 (new table in the works), Aesthetix Janus Preamp, and Totem Forests. I posted a thread a couple of days ago but only got one taker (I think I posted it too late at night, or it was too specific).

When I initially heard the aesthetix it was with a Bat VK-250SE and JM LAB 926BEs. I loved the BAT's sound (although find the look of it to be questionable, but I could get over that) but I'm wondering what else I should be looking at in this price range (slightly over is okay too) that would mate well with what I have, and with any possible speaker upgrades, since the Totem's aren't the last word for me (new listening room is 17x20 with high ceilings, so I worry about them dissapearing).

I'd like to stay with SS, and realistically think 150wpc into 8 ohms and above, just to cover myself incase my next speakers are power hungry. So what else would mate well? Parasound JC-1s have been mentioned, but can't get a ton of input on the match with the rest of the gear. Pass X250.5? Something from Simaudio? I feel a bit at a loss since I've not been able to hear the aesthetix with my speakers or other amps, so help is much needed.

FWIW I listen to everything, but concentrate on Jazz, folk/acoustic, Indie rock, soul. and classic rock, with some avante-garde classical thrown in.

Thanks a ton!
mimberman

Showing 1 response by mdhoover

Odyssey Sratos Extreme monoblocks have been very good to me, driving first a pair of Paradigm Studio 100 V 3's and now a pair of Intuitive Design Summit PSL 624 loudspeakers. This is a well regarded yet still underrated amplifier, in my opinion. New retail is about $2700. I wrote a review on the Odysseys and the Summits, if you're interested. The Odyssey review is the shorter of the two and can actually be read in a single day.......OK, the Summit review isn't THAT long either, but it's pretty...um.....lengthy.