Help me find a new HDTV...... for $3500

OK, I need to find me an HDTV set for <$3500 if possible. Obviously, that means no plasma, and I could care less, I don't like 'em. I'm good with RPTV, and don't think I have a preference for LCD, DLP, or good ol' 3-gun RPTV. I can probably get service codes for Mitsubishi RPTVs or Sonys from a contact, and using said codes (and in the old days a screwdriver) I have successfully dialed in many a RPTV- but that was years ago and I am now out of the loop so to speak. When I left the business, HDTV was a dream, and we demoed HD sets in our showroom with a hard drive full of boring nature films of close-ups of bugs. DTV had one HDTV demo channel at the time and the city I was in had no off-air HDTV, so I'm a little behind on the HD thing.

Looking for your advice on a 50-something inch, shallow as possible TV, prefer a "tabletop" style since I have a suitable stand, but I could sell that stand for a floorstanding model. I don't think I care if the tuner is built in or external.

I will be feeding it with an off-air HD antenna and will upgrade my DTV system to HD. My DVD has component out, but not progressive scan or DVI so I'll eventually upgrade that. Not concerned about control ease since it will be added to my existing control system which works fine.
pmkalby

Showing 1 response by jasman

The Panasonic PT50LC13 projection TV. It new in the Panasonic line. It has a great picture.