Received my pair of P3ESR SE in rosewood yesterday. So here is a quick report :
- These are just first impressions :
1) My Creek Evo 50A can drive them but it will not make them sing. They like power. Alan Shaw is right they are not a hard pairing, they will play nicely, but if you pair a weaker/cheaper amp you won't get the full performance these speakers can deliver.
2) They sound a bit congested, the soundstage is not stable at this point, the bass response is changing right in the middle of a tune. I attribute all that to the fact that they need another 175 hours to break in.
3) The details, at least the ones that are showing up now, are lush, correct, detailed but non fatiguing, monitor-like but not sterile.
4) They can handle power and provide sufficient volume to fill my space (11 X 14 X 9) with a clean, detailed, lush sound. They will do this even more effortlessly and better with a class leading amp.
5) As everybody knows, the mid-range is amazing and voices (I let my wife do the honours and she picked Joni) are life-like with lots of natural detail... some wet eyes followed...
6) They love to be placed along the long wall of the room, wow ! ... but I need a way to sit in front of the fireplace to be in the sweet spot.
7) They are amazing for near field listening.
8) These little speakers are worth the investment in better stands and cables. Integrated amps will be auditioned soon.
Best to everyone