Help…looking to buy turntable

Looking for a turntable ready to play. Suggestions? I don’t mind buying used. Budget is $1200

mhewitt

I'll second and third the Music Hall mmf 5.3 tables as long as you don't think you will be buying a lot of the 45 RPM releases as it requires lifting off the platter and moving the belt. Not difficult but somewhat inconvienient. They also come fitted with a nice Ortofon cartridge. Roy Hall will in many cases respond personally to questions.

I had the original mmf 5 for about 15 years without a single issue. It was a great table.

The entry level Technics tables would be a good choice also.

A lot of good advice given here. Aside from good recommendations from others, I would look into local dealers who sell audio but have a strong repair staff. Many of these local dealers have knowledgeable people who can also order from companies selling new or used stuff. And it can be serviced locally.

Adventure into vinyl is a trip worth taking. Good Luck in yours.

I have a Rega R2 and really like it. It is ready to play. With all turntables the first step up is the cartridge. When I wanted to take the step, I got an Audio-Technica VM95ML. Even better, still affordable.