Help KEF 104/2 what amp do I need to drive them?

I recently picked up a pair of KEF 104/2's at a local sale. I have had these hooked up to a new yamaha receiver (around 100 watts)and they sound pretty decent. However, from the little information I have been able to find on these speakers it seems that they are rather picky and like a strong amp. I am trying to find an amp that will drive these to their full potential. Does anyone have any recomendations or past experience?

I am looking to spend no more than $500 on the amp right now and I am hoping to buy used. I have seen several 125 watt B&K amps online. I was also thinking about a used NAD amp. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Madison
madmanbmw

Showing 5 responses by madmanbmw

I may have a friend willing to give me a deal on the Krell 300i integrated amp. I think it is 125w per channel for stereo but other than that I do not know much.

How would this do with the KEFs?

thanks
madison
Thanks for the advice guys. I am looking into the brands you all suggested. Does anyone else have any more advice and/or experience with these speakers?

madison
[email protected]
I dont really have to go integrated, though that is an option. A used NAD 370 integrated seems pretty appealing since I dont plan on adding a sub anytime soon. The $500 price budget was just a rough idea. I can go higher or lower if I would notice a big difference or I could spend more if I was getting a really good deal. I just want to get the best sound for a good price and seperates are by no means out of the question.

Since I live in a rural area it is hard to test different amps with the speakers and other than your suggestions I will be buying blind. I want to make sure I get enough power for these speakers that I will never desire anymore. I do not need to have the best amp but I want the speakers to perform at 99.9% of their potential.

Madison
Quadophile,

No, I am looking for amps on Audiogon and on ebay. Sadly there is no place around me that carries used equipment.

What do people think about B&K and Adcom?

madison