Help KEF 104/2 what amp do I need to drive them?

I recently picked up a pair of KEF 104/2's at a local sale. I have had these hooked up to a new yamaha receiver (around 100 watts)and they sound pretty decent. However, from the little information I have been able to find on these speakers it seems that they are rather picky and like a strong amp. I am trying to find an amp that will drive these to their full potential. Does anyone have any recomendations or past experience?

I am looking to spend no more than $500 on the amp right now and I am hoping to buy used. I have seen several 125 watt B&K amps online. I was also thinking about a used NAD amp. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Madison
madmanbmw

Showing 2 responses by jedinite24

Has anyone ever used a tube amplifier to drive KEF 104/2 speakers? If so what did you use? I'm just curious. I'm thinking I may try a Jolida JD-502P with a quad of Tung Sol KT-120 tubes in place of the 6550 tubes it comes with. Preamp would be an Accuphase C-200.
I had lost track of this thread. Thanks for updating it Itsmetn. After the follow-up replies to this thread after mine I did hook up the Jolida JD-502P to the KEF 104/2s and the music was awesome. Whether it was Tung Sol KT-120s, JJ KT-88s, or GE 6550s in the Jolida the music was awesome. Also for a bit I hooked up a pair of re-built Response Audio BellaExtreme 60 monoblocks. These monoblocks have a pair of 6C33C tubes in each amp. The music was pretty awesome also with these amps and the KEF 104/2s.