[help] I'm too Boomer to stream. :-(

So I purchased a Bluesound node 2i after a previous discussion here. Now I can't get the node or BluOs program to recognize my music on other laptops that are on my same wifi.  When my laptop and hard drive was connected to my Parasound Zdac, I could usb the computer into the dac, and use an optical cable from my tv out to the dac.  The node doesn't seem to have a way to allow my tv into the node's dac (my tv only has optical & hdmi out for sound) & node has no inputs for hdmi or toslink) so I'm stuck with the dac of the node for streaming music and the zdac for tv audio with the two different analog outputs from 2 different dacs going into my integrated amp. I'm frustrated and feel like I spent this money for a ghetto rig, plus I can't even make libraries , etc. Totally confused and have tried making everthing "dicoverable " on network setting to no avail. So lost, angry, sad, confused and frustrated. And I swear to god if millerwhoever says I should have bought a tricked out fuse or dumb little cone, I'm gonna lose my s***.
128x128labguy

Showing 4 responses by tom8999

Spirit of radio - thanks for the info on the Bluesound node 2i. I read a lot of these threads and see so many issues people have trying to stream. I guess I was just lucky when a stereo shop in Indy convinced me to go with LUMIN. It’s app runs great on my I pad mini. It sounds so good thru both of my systems using Tidal HiFi with MQA - i know the upfront cost is high but the ‘lack of headaches’ is great. What does a good turntable, tonearm and cartridge cost? $2,200 sounds very cheap to me.

If you want to stream trouble free - the LUMIN D2 costs $2,200 I think.

Happy Listening
Here is my 2 cents - go buy a streamer and DAC in one unit - I did and I have been streaming with my LUMIN D1 for 5 years. Sound quality is over the Moon great - I use Tidal HiFi with MQA for $25 per month. Cost was $2,000 for the LUMIN D1. You have to hardwire the LUMIN via Ethernet cable to get the quality. I feed two separate systems, and the Tidal catalog is humongous -  I am 66 years old - not a computer expert and very happy! Retired my turntable! Saving Hugh Money by not buying CDs any more. May upgrade to the T2 soon - per the reviews it has a better DAC.

The upgrades on the D1 are automatic via the internet and it has run for 5 years with no issues.

You get what you pay for.

Happy Listening
Goose and OP - go to Upscale Audio’s website and run their review of the LUMIN T2 - about two thirds of the way thru he addresses the Ethernet cable issue - he states “for $25 we can sell you a cool box that connects to your router wirelessly but then has a wired Ethernet port that then allows you to connect the LUMIN via an Ethernet cable. I have never used this ‘cool box’ but they are a LUMIN dealer and a very reputable Hi Fi shop. Hope this helps.
Spirit of radio and goose and OP - my streaming experience has been painless but I have a neighbor who is trying to do this ‘on the cheap’ and I have learned to avoid several errors:

1 - do not go wireless - you lose quality fast.
2 - trying to stream via a computer or download music files off a normal computer just generates poor quality. UBS ports are very poor quality ‘generators’.

i do have a great CD collection and I have / still use my Yamaha CD player - the 2100. Just bought a new DVD / CD player Panasonic 9000(?) . Both are in separate stereo systems - but my LUMIN D1 feeds both systems via balanced outputs to system 1 and RCA outputs to system 2.The RCA interconnects are 15 feet long as the second system is in the ‘bonus room’ upstairs. The KEY is it is hard wired. I feed the D1 via an Ethernet cable from my router - again hard wired. My I pad mini works in both rooms wirelessly and controls the system just fine.

If if you cannot run an Ethernet cable to your stereo - please consider locating the LUMIN near your router so it is hard wired and run long RCAs to your stereo - my 15 foot RCAs were costom made by Anticables - again not cheap but high quality.

i hope this helps.

Happy Listening