Help-Genesis Digital Lens

I have a Genesis Lens which I have misplaced my remote. I called Genesis and the replacement remote is a bit steep, $100. I am wondering if there is any way to power on the unit without the remote. Are there any alternatives to the factory remote?

I just want to turn my on and leave it on....
128x128justlisten

Showing 6 responses by kana813

Jp1208-

This thread is ancient history dude.

Suggest you & MrHiEndAudio read Bill's current comments/feelings in his system listing about MrHiEndAudio's work.
Jp1208-

"You can find the solid true testimonials at www.upgradecompany.com."

Why would I waste my time reading this stuff?

I have no need for Mrhiendaudio's services.

After reading Bill's comments in his Millenium system listing, it's very clear that he thinks the Aberdeen mods do more to improve his TacT Millenium, then the Upgrade Company's mods. End of story.
Jafox- JP1208 made this pissing match. I've done my own mods to DL, so I don't need Aberdeen's or the Upgrade Company's mods. If you have DIY skills, send me a PM and I'll
tell you what swap out.
"the majority feel the 16/d1 setting works best when you are using another upsampler. going to 20/d1/d2 smears the sound."

bill-

What majority? You, Mr.Hiendaudio and CP?

Read the original sterophile review:

"According to Genesis, 16-bit processors, and even processors using 1-bit DACs, sound better when fed dithered 20-bit data."

Guess Mr.Hiendaudio's $799 DL mod ("it involves adding Faster then Light and Speed of Light proprietary upgrades as well as Black Gate capacitors. The unit is totally transformed.") must have screwed yours up.

Dan
bill-

I have no idea how mrhiendaudio's modified DL sounds,
that your job.

I do my own mods. Going into my modifed TacT 2.2X, the DL
sounds wonderful at 20/d1.

Mr.Greene is right when he says mrhiendaudio's claims of "Faster then Light and Speed of Light proprietary upgrades" are snake oil.
Bill-

Mr.McGowan's decision not to build a new lens, was based on the results of a poll he took on his website.

IMO, with so many new high jitter digital sources and different digital formats, there's still a need for a devise like the lens.

Dan

PS- I'm sure Aberdeen would be happy to help lens owners upgrade their units, if they're not DIYers.