help focal 726v to 836v?

is it worth it to upgrade my 726v series to 836v series?
i will pairing it with musical fidelity m3i
musiclover121
On paper the cabinets and configuration appear to be virtually identical leaving the driver material as the most significant difference. As much as I enjoyed listening to the flagship Aria I don't think it was significantly better than the Chorus series drivers. Maybe more listening and a direct A/B would yield different results.
True, at 40% or more off, the Chorus models are a great buy. My dealer doesn't have them out on display anymore though--replaced with Aria models. So I can't do a comparison.
I have heard the top Aria locally and I don't think they are significantly superior to the Chorus 800 series. There are some excellent deals on the discontinued speakers making them a much high value in my opinion.
the budget i think LOL, do you know the different with more wattage effect to sound quality, m3i vs m6i
Curious as to why you are not considering the new Aria line? I listened to 3 models in that line about 2 weeks ago and was very impressed. But I haven't heard the Chorus models you are referencing.
thanks for your share, i think i will upgrade my 726 to 836, i love listening jazz with deep bass rendering and i think 836 will do it better
I would anticipate your integrated sounding great with it. I have an Integra 50.1 receiver that sounds great and a Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amplifier rated at 50 wpc in ultralinear mode that sounds fantastic.
I own the 836v and have only heard a 726v once; however, I think you will find it to be a substantial upgrade. The 800 series have better cabinets and lower frequency extension due to the bottom port. Plus, I think the true 3-way design is superior to the 2-1/2 way design. I almost went with the 816v, but the superior instrument separation on the 836v compelled my to go big or go home.