Help design my new system

Ok my wife and I have given up on the surround system upstairs, and are moving it downstairs. This system will be built next year. So right now, we use the upstairs to watch movies, on just two main speakers, and a separate subwoofer. And use it for music a lot. My current system is this...

Pioneer 720P Plasma... We love
Usher CD 100
Cambridge Auio 640r Receiver
Rotel amp to run my VMPS sub
PSB Imagine T speakers.

I would like to supply more power to my speakers. So doing so I think I need to go with a Pre/Pro and separate amp just for the two PSB's. I would be willing to invest $3000 but less if possible. How would you invest 3K into this system to make is a GREAT 2 channel music system, that we can still enjoy movies, when we don't need the full experience we will have downstairs. Thanks!
128x128oak244

Showing 6 responses by oak244

Can a OPPO Blu Ray player be used to run both my CD player, and then also be used to send the movie signal to the speakers through the amps? I mean I assume the OPPO may play as well as my User CD player does? I use a Sony Blu Ray now, and have never had an OPPO.
I assume I need to go with a 105 for the most Web related stuff? My wife would love to be able to play music off the TV using the Cromecast and the Cloud.
I kind of Want a all in one system here I guess. I want to be be able to hook up my Blu Ray, Play cd's and plug in my TV source. With that said, I am thinking an OPPO 105 as a preamp, cd player and Blu Ray, paired with a Bryston or similar 2 Channel amp. Am I going the right way?

I have always had a Receiver, so doing separates is out of my realm.
I do not see Pre-amps with HDMI hookup. Since I am looking at only doing 2 channel, is this why there are no HDMI hookups? With my current setup, we have our Blu ray and Hi Def cable box hooked up via HDMI, but we run just the left and right speaker with the sub all the time.
The more I look into this, the more I would rather spend the Money on the system downstairs. If anything, is there a nice Receiver that has Wifi built in now? We would like to be able to play the cloud through our upstairs system.
Ok I am a little confused. I am looking at a Preamp/amp system, and I never see HDMI on the Preamp. Am I just seeing older models, or is there a better way to hook up your BluRay other then HDMI?