Help Cremona Auditor & Revelator 9700000 tweeter.

Hi, any of you out there have any DIY experience with Scan Speak tweeters? I'm talking about the one that is Found in the $40,000 Sonus Faber Stradivari's (factory SSP Revelator 9700000 drivers are $500 each at discount retailers). My Cremona Auditor (bought 1 week ago) tweeter was damaged when speaker was knocked over and hit coffee table( yes, i said about a thousand F-words). And Given my situation i cannot have it fixed under warranty--especially being second hand buyer. So, the latest Revelator Ring Tweeter...does anyone know if it would be possible to put in two new ones while i'm repairing one anyway? Sumiko, and Scan Speak have not been heard from...i'm sure there are minor phase and impedance mismatches( i have complete technical data for them), but anyone with experience on how to do these kinds of retrofits??? any suggestions would be great...and please, no bashing my ignorance as i'm relatively new to hi fi world.

thanks,,

Xv
vongpheuccec

Showing 1 response by vongpheuccec

thanks for the suggests, but i just found out that the tweeter (scan speak it is) is a highly modified version for Sonus. So any attempt to install even a similar DIY market part will have serious changes--even if i could make it fit in the hole, the crossover will not be set up for the new driver--obviously. So my only option is to order a replacement part from Sumiko . Which is the best solution i suppose, as i do not want the sound quality to change the slightest, since the Cremona Auditor sounds ace just the way it is.

on a separate note, has anyone any experience with Wilson Benesch Speakers? Considering purchasing the new ACT model, retailing for $11,000 at the moment, or the Discovery at 6,000. Will be auditioning them soon, any ideas as to what i should expect?