Help Classe CA300 flashing Green Light

Ok, I am no techie and on my own since my husband is traveling this week.
so tonight, I poured a glass of wine, made a fire, turned on the HT, put in a movie and.....
my Classe CA300 goes from blinking red to blinking green and never works.
It was working fine just the other day - no changes to setup.
The manual is worthless.....
any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Angela
angela100

Showing 3 responses by lornecherry

Hi Angela: I just sold my Classe 301 for the very same reason. It's definately the protection circutry kicking in, but if it will not go away, you've (A) either blown a fuse (easy to see when you take the cover off and easy to replace), or (B) fried a circut in the output stage, which is what happend to me. I will say that Classe fixed my amp and sent it back to me in 5 days at no charge under warranty, even though I was not the original order. Call Classe, they give excellent customer service.

The 300 is a high current amp with a monsterous power supply, as you know by the weight. For that reason, if you so much as short it out just once it can fry the output stage. That said, I think the Classe is a touch too sensitive and needs better protection circuts to keep idiots like me from doing silly things to an otherwise great amp. Above all, make sure your speaker cables are tigthened down securely! Mine shorted after the Rel sub cable came loose. --Lorne
Hi Angela ... don't be afraid to phone the service dept at Classe -- they are quite good. Remember, Monday is Holidya in Canada, so you probably won't get a reply till Tuesday.
--Lorne
Hi Glen: ya that was insane. I use to write ads for a living, and as such, have found those skills come in handy when selling stuff on eBay that I bought on Audiogon. All in all, I made $300 on the pre and $650 on the amp. Never intended to try and make money, just wanted to break even -- but I'm not complaining. Liked the Classe, but didn't love it enough. Not in the same league as my Aranovs, except for better bass. And the pre wasn't even close to the Placette I now use.

A Theta Dreadnaught is what I really need, not being able to afford 5 Halcro monoblocks.

Angela, you are in the same boat I was, trying to use the big Classe in a complex HT /audiophile 2 channel cross? Mine didn't like the constantly changing of interconnects, switching between balanced and unbalanced, etc. Classe's tech also told me that their amps don't like some tube preamps (that's a BIG problem). All's I can say, is check out the Theta Dreadnaught, sonically as good as the Classe and not nearly as finicky. --Lorne