HELP Best 5.1 amplification for under $2000

I’m searching for a receiver or a Prepro & Amp combination to drive a 5.1 home theater with classic Mirage speakers. I'm considering a B&K 307 receiver (demo) but am looking for other options, used is OK.
The 2 extra channels are for a second zone.
The usage is 40% 2ch Music & 60% HT.
Too many options out there and I need experienced advice!
thanx
au_man

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

"[email protected]"

I like Kurt's suggestion as well. If this system is going to be used primarily for home theater (watching movies and concerts on DVD (and multi-room audio use as well)), then I think that a Denon AVR-3803 will serve you quite well. For what it is designed for, the Denon AVR-3803 is NICE receiver.

But now, on the other hand, if music is going to get top billing in this system, then you're going to need something with some more "audiophile" pedegree built into it. And with that said then, I would pass on the Denon AVR-3803 (great for home theater..... but lacks the "musical" credentials to be considered audiophile material) at that point. The separates I would look at from this point on would be those from such manufacturers such as Outlaw, Parasound (check out the "Halo" series), and Rotel. Sherbourn deserves a look as well.

Good Luck!!!!!

--Charles--