HELP B&W 802D or Revel Ultima Salon2

Hello everyone. I'm anticipating a speaker upgrade in the not too distant future and I would appreciate any experienced opinions. I have had the opportunity to audition the 802Ds at my local dealer twice in the past week. I can get a pilomotor erection (hair standing up on arms, chills, etc.) even now simply by remembering the experience. Quite an improvement from my current Mythos ST setup. I've finally experienced some of the things I've only read about up to this point!
Now I have to wonder how good it can get at this approx. price point. I've read the reviews on the Ultima Salon2s and wonder if I might be even happier with these.
(I do realize I would need additional amplification to properly drive them)Unfortunately none of the Revel dealers in the Dallas area have any available for audition.
There exists an opportunity to purchase a lightly used pair for about the same as a new pair of 802Ds.
I would especially like to hear from anyone who has experience with both.
Thanks to all in advance.
francodanco

Showing 3 responses by rshad0000

Francodanco,

Out of curiousity did you ever make it back to Stacey's to try out the Salon 2s? What were your impressions?
I also live in the Dallas area and have made the rounds as far as speakers go at this price point. The 802D sound great and had a chance to listen to some Studio 2s in Grapevine, but have not heard the Salon 2s(I believe they are a lot more expensive than the 802Ds).

You may want to also give the Dali MS5 and the Wilson Sophia 2 a try. Both are great speakers for different reasons and can be found in showrooms in the DFW area.
Francodanco,

Stacey's Furniture off of 114 and main in Grapevine has a pair of Salon 2s hooked up to a McIntosh that you can audition. The showroom is on the second floor back in their home theater furniture area.